Sunday, April 11, 2010

sea poem without using the words blue/ocean/sea

When I was a child i'd dive under the salty doona at One Mile Beach. We would play games where you'd hold your breath for as long as possible and sometimes I'd hold it so long that I thought I'd go to sleep forever.

When I was a child I was scared of seeing an octopus in the giant bath. I wondered what I would say to him when I came across one.

When I was a child I got lost in the white. It's funny how colours can be manipulated into other colours.

When I was a child I became a mermaid while I slept beneath the salty doona on January 15th, 1995.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your Sea poem. I was confused by the who is he, and affected by a 5 ways to kill myself. I swear I am the only one who has commented on anything.

    ReplyDelete