Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Monday

We climbed up Tomaree Headland today. The four of us. Mark, Carlin, Alex and I. Once we had looked out into the ocean someone set a writing task. We had to reflect upon the ocean without using the colour blue or the word ocean. Then, we shared around our results for each other to read. I saw a group of girls comes up to the Summit while we were sitting there writing - one of the girls said "oh no!" and was looking at the metal floor. I couldn't see from my angle what she was upset about but, as she picked the item of her dismay up, I realised her shoe had broken. I began, almost intuitively, to rummage through my backpack. I don't know what I thought I'd find but I remembered quickly that there was supa glue in the side pocket. Sometimes, just sometimes, you can be the hero of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment